York Region District School Board approves 2016-17 budget

Thursday Jul 07th, 2016

Share
Aurora Banner

The York Region District School Board has approved its 2016-17 budget.

The approved $1.4-billion budget focuses on student achievement with 94.47 per cent of it earmarked for classroom instruction and school operation, according to trustees. The remaining 5.53 per cent is allocated for governance, administration and student transportation.

The budget will serve 123,000 students and support 15,000 staff members as well as build one new school.

Highlights of the budget include funding to support the central labour agreements, library staff, outdoor education, technology enabled learning teacher contacts and managing information for student achievement.

Changes have also been made to the funding formula for special education and school board administration.

To see the full budget, visit yrdsb.ca.


Post a comment